Rural Housing Services
The Rural Housing Service (RHS) is an agency of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Located within the Department's Rural Development mission area, RHS operates a broad range of programs to provide:
* homeownership options to individuals;
* housing rehabilitation and preservation funding;
* rental assistance to tenants of RHS-funded multi-family housing complexes;
* farm labor housing;
* help to developers of multi-family housing projects, like assisted housing for the elderly and disabled, or apartment buildings; and
* community facilities, such as libraries, child care centers, schools, municipal buildings, and firefighting equipment to Indian groups, nonprofit organizations, communities and local governments.