Career Opportunities at Merchants Capital
Merchants Capital, formerly PR Mortgage & Investments, is headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Merchants Bank. Since 1990, we have provided the best origination and service of loan products with exceptional customer service, accuracy, creativity, speed, and conformance to regulations. Merchants Capital is a premier provider and servicer of multifamily, senior and student housing in the Midwest.
Billion in Loans
Targeted Affordable Seller/Servicer
Merchants Capital strives to create a work environment that rewards hard work and strong performance while encouraging a positive work-life balance. At Merchants, we believe our people make the difference in our business and our full range of top-notch employee benefits are key to building and maintaining our team.
Multifamily Portfolio ManagerPosted: 08/13/2018
Success in this position will encompass providing exemplary external and internal customer service while performing and maintaining timely, accurate financial transactions and records associated with assigned loans.
This position is physically located at our headquarters in Carmel, Indiana.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Service, maintain and troubleshoot assigned portfolio of multifamily mortgage loans.
- Input and maintain data using GinnieNet, FICS, Fannie Mae and Corelogic mortgage software.
- Process postal mail, calls and emails directly with or on behalf of borrowers.
- Manage escrow taxes, insurance, replacement reserve and repair accounts.
- File and maintain UCC-3 forms online and hardcopy.
- Interact with HUD, Fannie Mae and various governmental agencies via phone regarding compliance/procedural issues.
- Prior multifamily mortgage banking and/or property management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of HUD, Fannie Mae and various governmental agencies’ reporting requirements and regulations preferred.
- Requires problem solving skills as well as the initiative to troubleshoot and find resolutions.
- Must demonstrate the ability to identify, interpret and apply applicable guidelines in managing assigned processes.
- Must possess strong organization and communication skills with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Requires proficiency in using basic computer software such as Microsoft Office, specifically regarding Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Must demonstrate the ability to successfully manage the demands of multiple deadlines while working as a team player with consideration for customers, co-workers and vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferred; high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution required.